Technology Revolution In Hotel Industry
Consumers are increasingly motivated by convenience and experience available with a single click in today's era of smart phones. With every business adapting to the newest technologies and looking ahead to becoming more and more sophisticated, the hospitality sector must also focus on changing trends according to generation expectations and become acquainted with the latest Technology while adopting them into hotel operations. With the current technological revolution, improved predictive intelligence and the foundation of customized guest communication will be possible. It also provides greater data-driven revenue management insights. Technology advancements will result in more lucrative bookings since hotels will have better assess where their best value and volume business is coming from.
Let’s explore how important Hotel- tech is and what the latest trends are further below:
What is Hospitality 4.0?
Hospitality 4.0 is an example of a new hospitality model built on Technology and incorporates the newest innovations in the hotel business, such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, cloud-based Technology, data analytics software, etc. The hotel business is unlike any other since there is no single demographic to target; you have a global consumer base. Therefore we can't limit our services to a specific group; we must be adaptive to everyone.
Hospitality 4.0 is aimed towards the millennial and gen Z generation, as they are the ones who are searching for unique experiences, tailored and personalized services and hotel businesses that harness Technology can provide them with these. Technology has already had a significant influence on hospitality management in the twenty-first century with this strategy. It is on the verge of becoming better, quicker, and more efficient.
Importance of Tech Savvy Hotel Industry:
- The ability for millions of individuals to choose the ideal hotel for their needs from a million miles away has transformed the way people book their vacations. Therefore service industry is at the frontline of the digital era, causing disruption to building (brand) preference by personalizing unique experiences for each client using new-age technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and automation, and various others.
- The most significant game-changer in increasing the development and efficiency of hospitality-based businesses is digital technologies. Starting with mobile payments, barcode menus, cloud-based Technology, data analytics, and hotel inventory software, among other things, the technology revolution has enabled a smooth and pleasant customer experience.
- New-age technologies are boosting efficiencies for hotel brands, which are now generating personalized experiences through careful analysis of problems, regular customer insights such as orders, likes, and hates, and measuring choices to create targeted marketing plans for various segments using new technologies.
- Another breakthrough in the hotel sector is artificial intelligence (AI), which has helped to improve service efficiency, smooth operations, and make faster and more informed judgments. In order to maximize income, AI may also be used to build and modify hyper customized advertising. Integrating AI with POS and PMS systems may reveal the visitor experience and be used to provide real-time suggestions depending on the needs of the guests.
Tech-Trends in the Hotel Industry
In the hotel sector, Technology is used to maximize clients' comfort at every stage of their experience, from reservation and checkins to organizing their next visit based on their likes and expectations. So, let's have a look at the latest technology advancements in the hotel industry.
1. Use of VR
Virtual reality is an experiential technology that simulates real-life surroundings and settings by mixing sound effects, 3D images, and other elements to let users feel the experience. Many hotel chains are using virtual reality to show guests how a stay in their hotel seems and allow them to live the experience digitally first.
For example, the Atlantis hotel in Dubai uses virtual reality glasses and Google cardboard.
2. Robots and chatbots
Robots are quickly becoming a staple in the hotel business too. Software robots, often known as chatbots and virtual assistants, are one sort, while advanced android robots simulating human form are another. Robots are employed for algorithmic operations (duties with a specified sequence of steps) and for tasks that need AI, speech and face detection, as well as navigation technology, such as chatbot booking, front desk and valet services, cleaning, and maintenance.
3. Digital Mobile Keys
With the rising use of smart phones, a digital mobile key is now a need. Bluetooth technology allows digital keys to control room locks simply by tapping the phone to the door. Many tech-savvy customers increasingly anticipate self-serve options, which are driving the use of mobile key technology in the hotel industry. Digital keys also enable users to have highly customized experiences, such as personalized ad content, controlling in-room smart equipment like televisions and thermostats, elevator, parking and spa access and tracking loyalty points for using room service.
4. Smart Gadgets and Sensors
The purpose of an IoT hotel room is to provide visitors more control over their surroundings. When guests stay in a smart room, they may easily manage and automate numerous settings such as lighting, thermostats, door locks, and more. Connected hotels with smart hotel rooms are springing up all over the world, and inventors in the hospitality business are constantly creating and enhancing IoT technologies.
5. Concierge apps
Many hotels are investing in concierge applications to automate checkins and checkouts, room service, and information providing, rather than putting up fixed reception desks with employees working in shifts. The rise of smart phones has undoubtedly paved the way for concierge applications, which allow hotels to provide more customized guest services, recall facts from prior trips, and adjust services for specific interests during subsequent stays.
- The way hotels provide guest experiences has evolved as a result of technological advancements.
- The future's two driving factors are Technology and data.
- With the changing generation, there is a need for innovation.
- Hotel chains not adapting the Hospitality 4.0 model will be perilous.
- Smart hotels and tech-savvy visitors go hand in hand.
- Technology is a critical component for increasing productivity with a smaller staff.
With every passing day, Technology reinvents and improves our work productiveness makes our jobs simpler and more comfortable for us. At the same time, Technology has taken some unexpected twists in various business industries and continues to surprise us day after day. So, let's become ready for the future by adopting the newest digital trends and preparing our businesses for the present.
Importance Of Guest Data: 5 Ways Of Collecting It
Targeting the right market segment is necessary for running the hotel industry.
Importance And Tips For Email Marketing In Hotel Industry
One of the key ingredients to running a business is proper and efficient marketing strategies.
12 Essential Amenities That Can Help Attract New Guests to Your Hotel
People choose to stay in a hotel for various reasons such as exploring the place or spending their vacation
10 Tips For Better Hotel Maintenance Management
Providing high-quality services and experiences in the hotel industry is possible when you maintain hotel management.
10 Effective Tips To Become A Better Hotelier
It takes a lot to run a successful hotel business. For any hotel, not every day is the same.